Official Test Scores & Transcripts
Submit Official Test Scores & Transcripts
After you pay your deposit follow these instructions to submit official documents.
- We expect to receive official test scores and transcripts as soon as possible after you have confirmed your enrollment. If all official documents are not received by the start of your program, you will not be registered for classes—it is important to keep the Admissions Committee updated if you anticipate any delays in providing official test scores and transcripts to our office.
- An admission offer is contingent upon receiving official copies of transcripts from degree-granting institutions and test scores that you submitted in your application.
- If there are discrepancies between the self-reported academic work and official records, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records and test scores are verified.
- Keep in mind that for auditing purposes, all official transcripts and test scores will be kept for our records and cannot be returned to you at any point.
- Official notarized copies are accepted.
- Please see below for details on how to submit these items.
Starting in 2021, Simon Business School will only require official transcripts* from degree-granting institutions (i.e., institutions where a student obtained a degree, such as an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctorate). Transcripts should include degree conferred and conferral date.
*An official transcript is issued by your university and sent directly to Simon Business School, either electronically or by mail (note that the transcript(s) uploaded in your application at the time of submission is considered an unofficial copy).
For students currently completing an in-progress degree (e.g., will have their bachelor’s prior to the program but have not yet graduated), official transcripts should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the first day of classes showing final grades, successful completion of your final semester, and receipt of your degree.
All international transcripts should also include a copy of the official translation into English by a certified translator, as well as a diploma (including certified English translation) indicating the degree received.
If your school’s registrar can send us an electronic copy of your transcript, we will accept that any time after you have paid your deposit. Alternatively, transcripts can be mailed to our office. If it is not possible to have your official transcript sent to Simon directly, please reach out to us for an alternative option.
Please send electronic transcripts to:
Please mail hard copy transcripts to:
Simon Business School Admissions Office
University of Rochester
245 Gleason Hall
Rochester, New York 14627-0107
We suggest using a mail carrier that offers package tracking and delivery confirmation services (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS Priority Mail, etc.).
GMAT / GRE: All MBA and MS applicants are required to request an official copy of their Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to be sent to the Simon School Admissions Office. Please reference the table below for the appropriate test code to use in your request.
TOEFL / IELTS: All applicants whose native language is not English are required to request an official copy of their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. The only exception is an applicant who has completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an English-speaking institution. Please reference the table below for the appropriate test code to use in your request.
|Simon Business School-Full-Time, 2-year MBA
|Simon Business School-Full-Time MS in Accountancy
|Simon Business School-Full-Time MS in Business Analytics
|Simon Business School-Full-Time MS in Finance
|Simon Business School-Full-Time MS in Marketing Analytics
|University of Rochester (U Rochester Simon Bus MBA/MS)
|University of Rochester - Simon Business School