MS Case Competition
Build your skillset. Learn by doing. Prepare for business school.
Simon Business School’s virtual Future Business Leaders Case Competition is an exciting event with a number of amazing benefits. As a participant, you will:
- Learn and refine skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and more.
- Gain experience worthy of adding to your résumé.
- Receive an introduction to the Experiential Learning approach, a common teaching methodology used in graduate business schools—including Simon.
- Obtain insight into the graduate business school experience.
As an added bonus, there is no cost to participate!
Format and Timeline
|Information Session||September 23|
|Prep Session||October 12|
|Case Memo Due||October 28|
|Finalists Announced||November 2|
|Finalist Presentations||November 12|
|Winners Announced!||November 15|
The entire competition is virtual, making participation convenient and hassle-free.
We begin with an information session to introduce the details of the event and follow that up with a prep session to get you ready for the competition.* After receiving access to and reviewing the case, you'll submit a memo that is evaluated by a panel of judges. Finalists are then selected to present their memos live to the judging panel, and the winners are announced shortly after.
*While we strongly encourage you to attend the information and prep sessions, attendance is not required to participate in the competition.
Registration Open: August 15 – September 23
Registration Open: September 23 – October 12
Competition winners will receive:
- $250 cash prize
- Trophy and Simon swag
- All-expense paid trip to Rochester to tour campus and meet 1:1 with representatives from Simon’s Benet Career Management Center, Office of Student Engagement, and Admissions Office
Additionally, competition winners who apply to one of Simon’s full-time MS programs by January 5, 2023 and are admitted will receive:
- Guaranteed $20,000 scholarship
- A guaranteed invite to participate in Scholarship Competition.
All other competition finalists will receive:
- Travel stipend and hotel stay to visit Rochester for a campus tour and a 1:1 meeting with an Admissions counselor
- Priority consideration for admission
Additionally, competition finalists who apply to one of Simon’s full-time MS programs by January 5, 2023 and are admitted will receive:
- Guaranteed scholarship
All competition finalists will receive a prize, so don’t miss out!
- This competition is reserved for graduates planning to begin their full-time specialized master’s degree in Fall 2023 as well as current undergraduate juniors and seniors.
- Candidates may participate even if they have not yet started or submitted an application to Simon.
- Past Future Business Leaders Case Competition winners are not eligible to participate in future competitions.
We welcome students from all undergraduate disciplines—there is no need to be a business major or to have experience with quant and analytics. We just ask that you come with a willingness to learn!
Fall 2021 Winner Highlight
“The Future Business Leaders Case Competition was the perfect opportunity for me to apply my problem-solving skills in a real-world scenario while learning more about Simon Business School and its approach to experiential learning. The case gave me a better idea about how Simon would prepare me to strategically solve business challenges, while leveraging my analytics and communication skills in the future.
I would highly recommend that any student interested in Simon participate in the case! It was fun, exciting, and I learned a lot about the Simon community along the way.”