Simon Business School, along with the University of Rochester, stands firmly against hatred, bigotry, and discrimination of any kind. Our stance is unequivocal: Black Lives Matter. And, Black Lives Matter here at Simon.Simon Business School, along with the University of Rochester, stands firmly against hatred, bigotry, and discrimination of any kind. Our stance is unequivocal: Black Lives Matter. And, Black Lives Matter here at Simon.
One of our greatest points of pride is that we have one of the most diverse student bodies of any top business school. We are committed to ending this vicious cycle of systemic racism, intolerance and violence through education and empowerment:
- We will change and grow as a school and learning-based community.
- We will listen to all members of the Simon community: staff, students, faculty, alumni and members of the Rochester community.
- We will use the above information to bring about meaningful change at Simon.
- We will be deeply involved in community-engaged action—it is simply the Simon way and an essential part of the fabric of our community.
- We will care for our students and do everything in our power to help those who are struggling.
- We will help and support each other.
In 1968, Simon was among the first members to join the Consortium, an organization focused on enhancing the diversity and inclusion of global business education and leadership by addressing the significant underrepresentation of Black, Native, and Latin Americans. We are extremely proud of the students of the Consortium community for their ambitious fundraising efforts on behalf of Color of Change, the nation’s largest online racial justice organization intent on moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America.
Simon’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center of Excellence shared a link to a number of resources to help people as they engage in anti-racism work. In the coming weeks, we will also produce a series of roundtable podcasts to bring together the voices and views of our community and build a platform to discuss real issues through a racial and social justice lens. More than just talk, we intend to have conversations that inspire action.
We will continue to dedicate ourselves to ensuring we are an institution in which all of our students, staff, and faculty, can take pride and repose trust.
We remain committed to being ever better.